But with as much work as we have ahead of us to do, I take all the little "Checked off our list" accomplishments I can find as we work our way toward our finished product!
Presenting: our bed.
The husband and I are still sleeping on our dark-wood sleigh bed that we got from our in-laws as a wedding gift when we married. Eventually, we want to get a lighter-weight metal headboard for our master bedroom (while still using the dark wood, heavier storage pieces) and use the sleigh bed as a guest bed....but that won't be necessary until our existing guest bed becomes our son's "Big Boy bed" in a year-ish.
Our bedding is Pottery Barn Painterly Paisley in Porcelain Blue, which I collected over a few deals on eBay. The coordinating Porcelain Blue hemstitched shams were a happy accident! I ordered them from eBay just to coordinate and break up all the paisley busy-ness, but they arrived embroidered with an S, the first letter of our last name! That worked out nicely! We currently have plain grey flannel sheets on the bed (grey is one of the colors in the paisley pattern) but plan to get some more coordinating solid color non-flannel sheets when the weather no longer warrants extra-cozy linens!
And the accent pillow is one I found at Marshalls and was a great every-day version of a Christmas tree pillow done in the same way of appliqueing felt circles onto a case as I had seen in the 2010 Crate & Barrel Holiday collection!

No comments:
Post a Comment