Here is our working Project List for the house, subject to change as we get scared or creative on any given day:
(Please note that we list Paint {Room} Separate for each room so that we feel more accomplished when we can check each one off! And completed tasks are crossed off below)
Paint Son's room Base: Olympic's Lemon Mint; Accent: Olympic's Camelot
Paint Master Bedroom Olympic's Misty Lake
Paint Master Bathroom Base: Olympic's Morning Fog; Accent: Olympic's Mild Mint
Paint Guest Bathroom -- Color Undecided
Paint Guest Bedroom -- Color Undecided
Paint Bonus Room (Upstairs) Probably Olympic's Camelot (leftover from Son's Rm. Accent Color)
Paint Entry/Living Room/Dining Room/Hall (Open Plan, so all the same color) Olympic's Quill
Paint Kitchen (walls & cabinets) Wall: Olympic's Pale Vista; Cabinets: Olympic's Delicate White
Replace kitchen counter tops
Tile kitchen backsplash
Paint inside all closets
Paint Laundry Room Olympic's Mild Mint
Paint all doors & trim Olympic's un-tinted No-VOC Semi-Gloss white
Paint all knobs, strike-plates, master fan with metalic satin stainless steel spray paint
Change Entry light fixture
Change Living Room light fixture
Change Dining Room light fixture
Window treatments for Living Room & Dining Room
Replace upstairs carpet
Replace downstairs carpet for hardwood
Change Master Bath faucets
Build tool bench in garage
Build pergola over patio
build my desk
get new corner/sectional sofa (Ektorp 2+corner+2 from IKEA)
get 2 lg. (Kivik from IKEA) storage ottomans
put molding around top of 2 Living Room bookcases
hang art/calendars
fence back yard
landscape front yard
vegetable garden in back yard
paint front door & shutters
power wash all siding
build mini-mudroom in Kitchen corner (storage bench and row of hooks along wall)
tile Fire Place surround
have chimney professionally cleaned
repair cracked back-plate in fire place
get 2 sets of closet-doors for front 2 bedrooms
get Hubby's desk (Expedit shelf + desktop from IKEA)
frame 2 bathroom mirrors
install pull-out trash/recycling bins in kitchen cabinet (on order...awaiting arrival)
Drywall remaining studded walls in garage
Change light fixtures upstairs (have fixtures, will change when Hubby is home during daylight soon)
Hang white curtain panels in Master Bedroom
Hang Curtain on hinged/rotating rod at Laundry Room door opening
Enclose open space above kitchen cabinets (Just extending with wood and top with crown molding)
Pictures of what we have accomplished so far!!
Ryan's Grandma got me a gift card to Bed Bath & Beyond for Christmas.
So I got us a nice, monogrammed welcome mat for the front porch!
Before I made this tension-rod taught curtain, we had to change clothes in the closet and put our towel on before stepping out of the shower...and potty time was less than private from the back-yard neighbors!
Now, we've got privacy from the shoulders down while letting in ample morning sun for natural light!
Front Bedrooms' Lighting Before:
Crayola fans in both front rooms were on my hit list from my first viewing of the house...
(And both were missing their domes that cover the bare bulbs)
Front Bedrooms' Lighting After:
Though super-plain, these $4.00 LOCK ceiling dome lights from IKEA definitely take the focus off the ceiling so that we can enjoy the way we're decorating the rooms!
I may jazz them up in the future, but for now, they're functional and aren't so garish!
Though my kitchen is good-sized, I have a lot of dishware and cookbooks...
What can I say? I love to cook, bake, and eat!
So we picked up a few LACK shelves from IKEA to jazz up the lonely corner by the Dining Room and give me storage and display space too!
Though I really should have turned on a light in these pictures...sorry they're so dark!
(I don't edit my house photos...it isn't worth the time!)
(And ignore the leaning cookbooks...I'm trying to find our bookends)
Billy, Billy! We could finally unpack the Living Room boxes...now to just arrange it so we can drill holes for the cords in the back of the bookcases and mount them to the wall. Until then, we have to keep our increasingly monkey-like son off...and even after they're mounted too, I suppose!
A-ha! Flame protection for the fire place...
once we get it cleaned and repaired so that we can actually burn a fire in there!
The "Collage"....ignore the spackle.
We spackled the whole house to keep me motivated to paint until it is all painted!
And all frames will be spray painted white to be cohesive as soon as it is warm enough to spray paint!
And all frames will be spray painted white to be cohesive as soon as it is warm enough to spray paint!
Kitchen faucet before (don't get me started on the rust under the counter or the repulsive sprayer)
Kitchen faucet after...love the pull-down sprayer. We may turn the handle to the correct (right) side. I'm a Lefty, so we tried it that way, but now I have to reach over with my right hand when I tend to hold things in my left hand...we're trying it out before we turn it.
(PS: ignore the huge stack of papers on the pass-through...we're in the first stages of organizing the office upstairs, and our files are all still in boxes, and the shredder is still at my mom's)
Entry shelves...not at all yet decorated, and that giant S will get painted to remove those pink flowers!
(Hey, it was on clearance at TJ Maxx...can't pass up the ever-elusive S monograms in the store!)
Our previous Master Bathroom was a single dome where the control box for this light is.
Being positioned right where the 2 partial-walls jut out, light was mostly blocked from the toilet area and the shower. Only the row of vanity-lights over the sinks provided any light to the tub opposite the sinks.
Now the LEDING light from IKEA provides halogen light to the toilet and shower each, 2 lights to the tub, and one general light since the sinks have the row of vanity lights for that area still!
As you can tell, we've been hard at work. And painting has begun! We primed our son's room last night and applied the first coat during his nap today. He's just getting tucked into bed so that we can apply coat 2, and tomorrow I hope to pick up some trim-molding to create the accent rectangles on the 2 long walls that we will paint an accent color inside of once framed. Then we can get him settled into his room and move on to paint the rest of the house!
As you can tell from the pictures, we're still living in some chaotic spaces. I find decorating my house much more daunting than decorating an apartment. There, your things defined your personality in the space since you couldn't change colors or fixtures. But here, where it all has to come together to represent our "Us-ness," I have to put a lot more thought and purpose into the placement of each thing....and weed out the things that we don't need or don't contribute to the big picture. But we're making progress!! And I'm definitely more motivated to work on the house every day and night rather than sit around and blog or even take many photos of my son (which used to be my #1 hobby!)...After our son's room is done, we can balance things out and slow down a bit. But I'm certainly glad we didn't get cable or satellite or else my DV-R would be filled up with shows I don't make time to watch since I'm always organizing, cleaning, arranging, painting, and planning!
Pictures of the little Booger's room to follow later this week! I'm so excited to make a room for him since I couldn't decorate a nursery in a rented apartment (where his crib was in our master bedroom!) when he was a newborn baby. This is a very special project to me. Though the paint and furniture will be in this week, I will keep adding those special touches as we grow into the house and our new life here.
No comments:
Post a Comment