Saturday, February 13, 2010

No Money

It sucks having no money. A friend invited me to take a cake decorating course with her at Michael's, and it was a steal of a price for a 4 week course. I was super excited to learn how to decorate cakes better and save buckoos of money on birthday cakes for all of Sam's birthday parties he'll have in the next 15 years or so. But when I went last night, not only did you have to pay for the class, but you have to buy SO many supplies. I was hoping that we'd just use class supplies and decorate fake cakes just to learn how and then buy whatever we wanted after learning...but no. Thankfully I have some coupons to Michael's, but that is still spending SOME money. I know it will save us in the long run...but due to that and that I let Ryan buy me Valentine's Day flowers for the first time since I got pregnant in 2008 and going over the grocery budget (thanks to having to buy 8 pounds of powdered sugar and cake mix to bake and ice my own cakes to take to class each week to learn how to decorate thereafter), we have no money left. So now, what was going to be a super fun matinee movie and pizza dinner belated Valentine's date next Saturday is becoming the early-bird movie at 10 AM and lunch and dinner at home after the babysitter leaves.

Boo. But I do have some beautiful flowers to sit and enjoy at my dining room table while I eat those meals at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment