Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dream Kitchen

I know that even when we purchase our first home later this year, we won't be in our "Forever Home" since we don't think Tennessee is going to be our permanent settlement, and so I know that my temporary kitchen won't be worth investing all of our life savings to make it my dream-come-true. But I do hope that if it needs some changing, some cans of paint can bring it closer to my favorite style.

In the mean time, I continue to watch Elie Krieger on Food Network, who's TV kitchen dropped my jaw when I first saw her show because it was exactly the kitchen I had been dreaming of putting together for myself someday! White cabinets, celadon green subway tile backsplash, and dark slate-colored solid-surface counter-tops.



Ryan and I are also collecting wine-bottle corks to create a customized message board. My friend Sara was fortunate enough to find a house that has one built in -- and it is beautiful! (And her kitchen is also in my dream colors!) Unfortunately, most of the cheap wines we buy come with the "sponge" corks -- that is, until we stocked up on some Trader Joe's "Three Buck Chuck" which has corks! The collection is very slow going, as in, we have about 3 corks saved in as many months, but someday, we'll have enough to build a little framed board out of them!

2 comments:

  1. We have been saving our corks to finish the one in our kitchen. I think we have to many. If we ever get it finished, you can have all the extras!

    ReplyDelete