Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Son's Room....Check!

Well, almost.

We still have a print we want to create and frame as art with his birth date, statistics, etc.  

But other than that....and finishing the last half of the shoe moulding trim around the baseboards...

It's done!  

Don't his new floors look amazing??  And the rug is my favorite part!  It is this rug from Overstock.com (which has gone up in price about $8 since we ordered it).


At first we ordered this rug, a 5x8.  I had been searching and searching for a blue rug but couldn't find a natural-fiber/wool rug that I liked for a reasonable price with consistently positive user reviews on it.  So we gave in and ordered this green monster on a sale.

But it came, and as soon as we took it out of the box, Hubby and I both knew it was all wrong!
Color is truer in the 2nd photo


So we boxed it right back up, shipped it back, and ordered this chenille-cotton shag rug instead.  As soon as it arrived, I knew it was perfect!


I love his room!  What do you think?  And if you've ordered from Overstock, have you noticed the funky smell all their products arrive with?  Leaving the ceiling fan turned on and occasionally spritzing refresher on the rug seems to be dissipating the odor...

No comments:

Post a Comment