Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pull the Curtain on this Party!

After nearly 5 months of waiting for them to come back in stock, ModerNash (a local company who takes IKEA orders and drives to the nearest IKEA in Atlanta, 4 hours away, to pick up your stuff for less than IKEA charges to ship what few items IKEA will ship) let us know our curtains arrived, just in time for our son's 2nd birthday party last weekend!

The Vivan curtains didn't shrink as much as predicted on the website, so I will need to hem them *someday* with the iron-on hem tape IKEA included in the package, but for now, they look nice puddled around the base of the windows at the floor.
 
Note: balloons were for the birthday and party...not my everyday decor!  :)

PS: Keepin' it Real with the curtain packages on the chair-back...I live with a toddler.  
Some things just get done when they get done...later!


And speaking of the birthday party, here's how we decorated for his Sid the Science Kid themed shin-dig!  Though it seems to be a fairly popular PBS show, the "stuff" is hard to find!  Since I make our own birthday cakes, thanks to my class I took last year, that part was easy to fit the theme.  Otherwise, I found some cute red plates with blue, green, yellow, and orange polka dots at Hobby Lobby, clear cups with similar dots at Target, and red and blue napkins at Kroger. 

I hung the birthday banners I made a few months ago and strung balloons inside and out (Note to self: don't leave balloons out in the rain.  They pop, deflate, and stick to the patio like warm, chewed up bubble gum!  Yuck!)




1 comment: