Pardon the grainy cell phone picture below. You'll notice we still haven't purchased, cut, nor hung the trim work around the blue accent areas on our son's walls, but the saw is in our garage to do so...but as with many other things, that's lower priority than building the fence, pergola, and finishing the floors!
But I made some art for his room! Originally we had wanted to do a safari theme. I had visions of hanging up a wire and using cute clips or clothes-pins to hang up printed wildlife photography I shot on our safari (at Disney World) a few years ago! But as our son has grown so much in the last nearly 2-years and we've learned his personality so much more, we decided to make his toddler room in homage to his favorite TV show Sid The Science Kid on PBS. Sid has a fun blue room with various colored wood furniture pieces and a big painted rocket-in-space canvas over his bed.
So I borrowed my son's finger paints (that he hates to use since he hates having messy hands or touching anything that feels dirty on his fingers, including his own food!) and painted 3 10"x10" canvases inspired by Sid. The rocket was also inspired by a cute pillow I saw at HomeGoods that the Hubby wouldn't let me buy for our son's rocking chair. But it worked its way into the room via the middle painting anyhow!
Now I'm on the hunt for a fun grow-with-him lamp and a solid or tone-on-tone blue 5x8 wool area rug to soften the paths after we switch out his carpet for the new laminate wood to match the rest of the first floor.


No comments:
Post a Comment