Saturday, February 26, 2011

Laundry Room

Oh, the sad little laundry room of yore....


...has now become a place I enjoy being for one of my favorite chores (seriously!)


I painted the walls Olympic's Mild Mint (also the same color as the accent rings in the Master Bath) and removed the broken wire shelf from the previous owner's collection (they're in every closet) to replace storage with this IKEA Expedit shelf that we mounted on the wall with some super sturdy brackets.  We also replaced the old dome light for the 4-light fixture that used to be in the bonus room upstairs when we moved in (all it needed was new bulbs!) along with a mismatched ceiling fan, which we replaced for matching fixtures from IKEA (not available on their website).


It looks much  more organized, especially since I have 2 of those locker-bins to hold little things like my delicates bag and laundry tip sheets for removing tricky stains!

I plan to sew a new cover for my ironing board out of this fabric (which I already have), and then hang the ironing board on the wall across from the washing machine to cover the ugly breaker box (while still being easily removable to access the breakers).  The board really serves more form than function in my life anyway, especially since we got our steam dryer to de-wrinkle the pants I tend to leave in there overnight after they dry! 

I'm also wanting to either find a wall decal or some relevant wall decor and build a wooden laundry tower like this plastic one to wheel between the machines for extra storage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment